Jesse Musinguzi, Grade 12
- Family - My family means everything to me. Every hardship I’ve gone through, they have always been there. They are always honest with me and want to see me at my best. My sister and I have been best friends since before she came home from the hospital. I remember she smiled in my arms when I carried her. Even though we may fight sometimes, we love, encourage, and support each other no matter what.
- Friends - I’d like to say that my friend group is very diverse and this has exposed me to different cultures, beliefs, and ideas that I am grateful for. My friends have allowed me to be me and have accepted me for who I am. My friends have also motivated me to do things I never thought I would do. I remember my friends getting me to be a model for a fashion show, something I thought I would never do. My confidence skyrocketed as I was modelling in front of hundreds of people, someone who couldn’t talk to a crowd before.
- Basketball - Basketball has been my escape from reality. Hooping takes my mind off things when I’m stressed or anxious. Basketball has been there for me during those times I was away from home and was going through things. Basketball has always presented challenges, and I believe this has made me a more gritty and resilient person. I remember losing every game in the basketball season. This ignited something in me that made me want to work even harder, and consequently, we took the next season's trophy home.
- Kivuli Bubble - This was the Instagram page my friends and I made while we were in quarantine and stuck in our dorm. We did so many things, created so many memories, and strengthened our brotherhood. We learned how to make the best out of our situation. We learned how to cook eggs as that was something we always got for breakfast. We were and still are a big family, and we were always there for each other.
- Notebook - Not a diary, a notebook. This is where I write down everything that I find interesting or am just thinking about. I have always struggled with planning. I had a teacher who was very organized, and so I asked her to help me become a more organized person. I actually started writing in a notebook which I had gotten from my mother. I started writing literally everything in that notebook and have become a more organized person because of it.