Ama ObengSakyi, Grade 12
- My friends - My friends have always been one of my biggest supporters, it never mattered how close I was to them, they always had my back and hyped me up no matter what, I am extremely grateful for that. I love them all, and how even when I’m at my worst they never hesitate to make my day bright again.
- My houseparents - I have never had caring houseparents until I went to UWC. They laugh with us, hang out with us till late, advise us, and generally have fun with us. They made life at UWC so much better and so fun, and I will be forever grateful to them. They were like our stand-in parents, and they were the best houseparents.
- My family - My family has always been my number one supporter. Although we don’t agree with everything, they always stand behind me with everything I do. I’m grateful for everything they do for me.
- My dogs - I love my dogs. They absolutely make my day brighter and better each and every time I see them. When I’m sad or in a bad mood, they just sit by or on me, keeping me company to help make me feel better. I’m so grateful for all of them.
- My artist friends - Taking art is hard, and I’m not always confident in my work, but my artist friends always make me feel better about it. They advise me, show me I’m not the only one having trouble, and just make me feel heard and not alone. I am grateful for them.
- My close friends - I love all my close friends. They let me rant, they’re there for me all the time, even at weird times of the day and night and I’m there for them too. If not for them, I don’t think I would be as mentally stable as I am now. I’m so grateful for them and everything they’ve done for me.
- Webtoon - Reading webtoons has been a wonderful escape these past years. I get excited when stories are updated, reading fictional characters' lives and enjoying the art. It calms me and all the different stories and art styles are always amazing. I’m grateful that something like this exists.
- Singing - I love singing. It calms me, it excites me, and it grounds me. I love harmonizing with people, and listening to the wonderful sound of harmony. I’m grateful for being able to sing and enjoying it. Especially singing loudly in the shower.
- Oversized sweaters - Oversized sweaters make me comfortable in my body. They hide everything and are just comfortable to wear. They make me feel covered, and make me feel secure in my own skin. I’m grateful for these and how they make me feel.
- Cartoons - My whole life cartoons have kind of been there for me. Their unrealistic situations, exaggerated actions made me laugh, and forget situations I had found myself in. Cartoons are my comfort genre, as they remind me of my childhood. I’m grateful for them.